I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Granny's Button Box

When my husband and I married (almost 51 years ag0) one of the things that my dear MIL gave me was a "starter" button box. She said that it was a tradition to pass down buttons from the family to newly weds. I still have a lot of those same buttons and I have felt compelled to add to the collection over the years. My early memories of family button boxes (often round tin containers) were the searches through them to replace a missing button or to find a complete set for a new garment. There were other reasons to look in the button box -- to make spinning toys, fancy necklaces and to play the game "Button, button, who's got the button?"

Today I played "button, button, who's got the button?" as I went searching in my button box to find a perfect set of eyes for my new sock monkey. She will arrive on my blog soon.




my hand

No comments: