I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Talavera Purse

Instead of working on one of many, many unfinished projects, what do I do when walking by a pile of denim jean scraps in my sewing room?  Yet another light bulb turned on in a burst of light in my chandelier head to create something new from something old.  

This was practically ready-made --with just a few hours of engineering to get the look I wanted. 

Before I could get the lining (with elastic pouch pocket) and ring tab to hold a set of keys sewn into it, my middle daughter had a hold of it and wouldn't let go.  It will make its premier showing tomorrow as we travel on vacation. 

The talavera embroidery design is from the Embroidery Library with a few crystals on the body for a little sparkly.  The strap is a belt left completely intact with the silver rings. These can be used to hold a scarf or as another way to carry the purse.

I still have the other half of the jeans -- so maybe I'll get a purse too -- unless my other daughter sees what I am making.  

Update -- I am delighted that the Embroidery Library posted this project on their facebook page resulting in 143 Likes; 9 comments, and 20 shares -- and 266 views on my blog! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely darling. I never thought to use elastic waist jeans other than to cut up and discard the top. Now I am out digging in my stash!

Rngpolymers.com said...

Rubber profile and Beadings - Manufacturer of Rubber Profiles, Sponge Rubber Profiles, Rubber Beading, Sealing Rubber for Aluminium Doors and Rubber Profile offered by rngpolymers.com. We can also manufacture, export and supply rubber profiles according to clients requirements and offers beadings are used to support glass in different industries.