I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Here's a fun way to "clean your studio's" flat surfaces. I always have lots of bits and pieces left over from projects and often whisk them away to a storage container for "later." A more immediate result, however, is to create a "serendipity card" such as this one. Cover a cardstock panel with carpet tape, apply slices of cardstock leftovers, torn, cut with decorative scissors and straight cuts until completely covered. Here comes the best part: before putting away the stamps from your last project use them to stamp randomly over top. Generally these will all be of a theme from your last project -- ahh, go ahead, you can look in your stamp drawers too. For yet more interest, apply Top Boss and dust with clear or "sparkling clear" embossing powder and lightly heat. Apply a focal point, affix to a blank card face, and this "bird" is ready to fly.

3 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Sure...you do it and your card is beautiful. Mine would look like a monster married a princess...:)

Sandra1968 said...

It's indeed a great idea to make a great card and at the same time get rid of your left overs ;-)
I like your card!
And I left something for you on my blog ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.