I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spring is Coming....


Spring is definitely coming and this DCWV paper worked perfectly for these little HM guys & gals to frolic on. Special details by Sizzix, Art Institute Glitter, and a Making Impression butterfly punch (souvenir of Puyallup, WA). Visit the House Mouse Challenge for more details on this week's project to make a multi-fold card and take a gander at the great ideas presented by the DT.
My card was inspired by a blogging friend, Michelle, who showed me how to create this tri-fold accordian card in a video tutorial -- that aspires to make an element of surprise at each unfolding. Her tutorial is here -- and if you want to see more of this style, here are my other creations. This is also posted for the Stamp Something Challenge for something "springlike" and where you can see some beautiful examples -- Don't let spring flutter by you... take time to smell the "flowers."

my hand

16 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

OK, I love that butterfly and grass back panel. Who makes that?? Please, enable me! LOL ;) Oh and guess what? As of last week our assignment to your area is out. Boo. I was so looking forward to meeting you!!

Michelle said...

hi martha!
I raced right over to your blog when i rcvd your email!!
martha! this card is over the moon gorgeous!!
wowsr!
you have outdone yourself with this tri-fi old!
Thank you so much for noting that you orginally made your first tri-fold after viewing my tutorial...you are so thoughtful and sweet...
its been ages since ive tended to my poor abandoned blog..or done a tutorial.. i NEED to find time to get bacjk to that..i miss it so much!
i SO enjoy ALL of your blog entries..your creativity is inspiring.
sending hugs
michelle.

stampinfrog said...

Oh Martha your Tri fold card is so beautiful! Love all the HM images and your coloring is fantastic!
Hugs,Connie

Sue from Oregon said...

perfect card for this challenge! Tons of work on this one! I don't think I could part with this one!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful coloring on such an ADORABLE mouse card - love your choice of DP too, Martha! TFS!

Lorraine A said...

very cute card :-) The image, papers and layout are all fabulous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Wow another fab card, this one must have taken you ages, made up for the little hearts one!!! gorgeous colouring and what a beautiful scene, I want to visit that pretty place, Happy Crafting Sue xx

scrapperjulia said...

I love this Martha! Thanks for showing us the tri-fold tutorial! Your card makes me yearn for Spring even more!

RosesMarijke said...

I love this card Martha...very gorgeous!!

Donna said...

This is such abeautiful card, I love the brilliant folds and gorgeous papers..swwet butterflys too :) Donna x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Martha,i love your images and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

OK, love everything about this card, the colors, the papers, the folds, the mice, the butterflies. So nice, lucky recipient. Have a great rest of the day.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Martha this is a stunner loving the images of the house mouses and that fold card is brilliant

Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous..

Lisa said...

Awesome card! I love how the images all go together and progress! Thanks for joining us at HM&F!

Heather said...

Hi Martha, hope you're well and oh WOW what an amazing card - all those images and the complicated folds must have taken you ages!!
Stunning colours, papers and fabulous images.
Thanks for sharing this with us at HM.
hugs Heather xx