I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Meet Skylar

Meet Skylar!

A natural born unmounted rubber stamp created from one of my son's drawings. We have finally taken flight after some time spent in designing, thinking, and planning. Skylar was our first choice for rubber and then we added some of his "friends". To name a few, all good subjects for Halloween cards, are Frankie, Bones, and Pumpking Head. They are movable if you want them to be by putting them together with brads, or keep in a fixed position by simply gluing their parts together.

This then, announces the "Grand" opening of theneonrainbow.etsy.com. The rubber stamp images there are all unmounted which makes for easier storage and less costs for shipping and handling. We expect to add more images in the near future.

After a recent visit with a stamping friend who inquired about the progress of putting some of my son's designs into rubber stamps, I was again motivated to share these ideas with others. Another motivator and a person I very much admire is a fellow Phoenician, Crafty Chica, aka, Kathy Cano-Murillo. She is an inspiration to me -- she can't possibly be taking time out to sleep at night. I am a night owl, but Kathy has much more to show for those sleepless nights than do I.

Kathy does everything from personally answering e-mails, writing books and articles, to crafting and glittering everything in sight. She just recently developed and debuted her own line of products through Duncan for the Michael's stores which requires personal appearances and travel. But that's still not all -- she can be seen on TV doing craft segments. The reason I know all of this about her is that she sends out a "newsletter" every day with interesting commentary if it is nothing more than sharing a picture of a bin of "personal watermelons" at a local grocery store - which she turns into entertainment.

So, thanks to my inspirors (new made up word, I think) -- the neon rainbow begins to rain rubber. And, my blog is no longer silent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so sweet!!! Thank you so much for the kind words!!!! Sending you lots of peace, love and glitter! and personal watermelons too!!!

Kathy :-)