I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Turkey Feathers



Use It Tuesday Challenge #43:  "Be Thankful."  Yes indeed I am thankful for so many things.  Top on the list, of course, is family so I created "Turkey Feathers" for my DGD.  This card sprang from a Splitcoaststampers Holiday Blitz Tutorial wherein I learned how to make a telescope card and a center step card rolled into one --a clever invention of Cindy for Splitcoaststampers.  You can see my original card here and Cindy's tutorial here.  

Stuff I used: a few "pristine" dies and punches I have coveted and collected:  turkey Sissix die for the main feature, two circle die cuts, Sissix pumpkins, Sizzlet pilgrim hat -- with only the wings, beak and waddle hand cut.  Ribbon from stash. Extras:  cuttlebug texture, All Night Media grass punch, Marvy punch oak leaves, Family treasure larger oak leaf.

I am also very thankful to have so many great tools and supplies in my laundry room (aka, "studio) to play and create with.

Turkey Feathers is in the mail to my DGD for Happy Thanksgiving wishes. And here I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
my hand

4 comments:

Riet said...

This is so gorgeous.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Hi Martha! I adore your little turkeys. Super cute and whimsical :-) Now following your updates as well. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I love the 3D look of it. Thanks for joining our Be Thankful challenge at Use It Tuesday this week.
Tammy DT

Marjolaine said...

Love your turkey! Thanks for joining us a UIT!