I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Red Sails in the Sunset


A Penny Black Challenge: I found this one to be pretty smooth sailing -- a great sketch that I will enjoy using again. When I began this card, I recalled a favorite song of my mother's "Red Sails in the Sunset -- way out on the sea, please carry my loved one home safely to me...." Hence, we have the red sails glistening with crystal lacquer with just a sprinkle of glitter set against a chalked sunset. The perfect phrase "We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails" is Penny Black, Sail boat, Stampscapes, birds are sizzlets. Blue background paper affixed to a glossy black 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card face. The challenge is to use the great sketch you see below and to employ at least one Penny Black phrase or image. For more details and to view some awesome DT cards go visit.


10 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is just beautiful! I love the red sail song! The seagulls are a nice touch! Great card!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow this is so lovely I love how you have used the crystal lacquer on the sails that is a very nice touch and the sentiment is perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

mueppi said...

Wow.. what a wonderful card!
I love all details!
Hugs Gisela

Sandra1968 said...

This is a great card! Love it.

Kath Stewart said...

fab card....and what a beautiful sentiment...great take on the sketch.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC Hugs kath xxxx
If you e-mail me...you will find it on the sidebar at PBSC...I will send you easy instructions for the comment link

Debbie said...

Love this, and thanks for the verse that made this beautiful card possible

Sue said...

Very creative, my Mom loved that song too, of course my Dad was in the Navy! Love the chalked background and the seagulls.

Donna P said...

The card you just made is great. Enjoy looking at all the cards you have up on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

This is fab! Perfect sentiment for the theme of your card!
Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge this week!
Beth ~xx~

Carolyn Bounds said...

What an exquisite creation!! Such a tranquil scene. I love the chalked sunset, the glossy red sail, and those fabulous seagulls!!! You have created a masterpiece with this beauty!!! I adore it!

Hugs!
Carolyn