I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Benefits of Cleaning Your Studio

Sympathy cards, for me are among the hardest to produce and definitely the hardest ones to write in and send off. My friend, Diane, just lost her mother and I have been trying to find the right materials to use for her card and, while shifting things around in my studio, I found 6 of these cards chucked in a plastic envelope and stowed away for safekeeping. I had forgotten that I had made them for future use. Today it was meant for me to find them as this is a perfect card for Diane.
The stamp is missing from my drawer but I believe the image is from Hero Arts. It was heat embossed with black onto a brown cardstock panel. Bleach applied to the image lightens it to nearly the base card color. The image panel is raised for dimension atop the other panels and finished off with eyelets. The finished card is 5 1/2 x 7 though the scan hardly shows the cream color card base. My studio is surely full of lots more surprises -- I think I'll continue cleaning -- maybe I'll even find that missing Hero Arts stamp.

Post Script: My son asked if he could buy a card from me for a young man in his class who had been called up to go to Afghanistan. I was delighted that I had several of this card design so that he could "buy" one for all the students to sign and send off. Another good use for this card!

6 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

I think you are right this card works well for a sympathy card but it is quite lovely.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Martha Kay, this is a lovely card for your friend, I am sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
I sorted ribbon spools all day yesterday afternoon. I sometimes think I spend as much time organizing as I do stamping, just too much "stuff"

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How sad that your friend lost her mom, but how fortunate that you made this beautiful card and had it in your stash. Perfect for the occasion.

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card, your friend will really appreciate this I'm sure :-)
Hope you find the stamp !!

I actually bought thin bleach to have a go at this technique and just ended up throwing it down the loo !! lol, will have to get another bottle !!

Thanks for joining my blog candy and good luck !
Lorraine x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so elegant!

Greetings,
Saskia

Marilynn said...

Innocent - this is not one of the stamps that Mary and I borrowed from you! It did,however, create a beautiful card and a perfect one for a sympathy card. The bleaching really made it stand out.