I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can't Believe it's Not Fall


I've always been a late bloomer - kinda like the song "Born Too Late..." My mother was expecting me in December and I waited until January and I guess that's been the theme all my life. All to say, that I am still punching out fall colored leaves when all the rest of the crafting world is making Christmas or Valentine Cards. My drawer full of mice is still on my work bench so I couldn't resist making this one before getting busy on Christmas (and my laundry). The tree scene by Darcie is colored with watercolor pencils and the opening is cut out to make a window for the mouse to be suspended in (the hand is sandwiched between the layers) The punched leaves are affixed to the inside of the opening - the border (Hawaiian Quilt block) is by RSP - Honolulu. My son's comment on this one? "Best one Yet, Mom."

2 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

This is the coolest card! I love how you tore out the center!

Sarah Shew said...

Oh my gosh - I love this one!