I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fur Babies' Christmas

Being fairly new to cyberspace, blogging, and catch-phrases, I recently learned that the moniker "fur babies" refers to all those loving cats and dogs that we pamper and adore. At my house, "Mr. Lucky" is no exception. An 80 lb Weineramer, he is adoring and when he looks at you with those soft brown doe-like eyes, he pretty much has his say and his way. He's always underfoot and the other night he was just there, underfoot, in my studio. It occurred to me that fur babies should have Christmas cards to share with their owners so, off another tangent I go instead of staying on task and making my traditional mail-out Christmas cards. "A Jolly Christmas" (Museum of Modern Rubber) it will certainly be. One card creation has grown to six with a few more on the way. Each card is distinct and personalized as best as I could from the standard Sizzix cat and dog dies.




Izzy and Duffy are little Scotty dogs. This is the die cut I started with --


it was modified to look like this. The ears were created with a tree punch.


Then I added the "beards" using an angel wing punch.



My friend, Joyce, when I last visited her, had three cats. I had her card all done when I received an e-mail telling me about the adoption of "Bart" – it was a real challenge to find room for one more cat and one more present on her card. The Sizzix tree is embossed with cuttlebug, chalked and edged with a Memories ink pad.


And what about Bob?


3 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

This is adorable! The one with the cats is my personal favorite!

Els G. said...

Just popped over to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
Els
x

Sarah Shew said...

What can I say? It simply does NOT and canNOT get better than this.