I "heart" my extraordinarily creative friends -- you will too when you visit them!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Think on these things....


The House Mouse Friends challenge of the week: Glitter/Glitz. Go take a look at the design team's work -- they truly know how to use Glitter and Glitz. When I think of glitter, I think of twinkle, and twinkle means stars! And when I saw the House Mouse image on the design team member, Judith's card, I knew I had to reach for the stars for this challenge and so I put my "Hyper Mouse" to task once again. The phrase from my friend Sarah by G-Rated seemed just right for a star studded sky. The stars are Sizzix die cuts from metallic card stock and then in turn embossed with cuttlebug folders with sparkle provided by glitter glues and Art Institute Glitter. The silver star was tapped with top boss and embossed with one of my favorite powders: Silver Trout. McGill punches with glittered accents add the last bit of sparkle. The metallics and glitters are not very well portrayed in this scan -- perhaps I should try taking photos of my cards? My son has not given his approval of this card but I already know what he will say (because he likes the meals I cook for him). Think on these things...whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy. Until my next post, tah tah.

7 comments:

Emma said...

This is really lovely. Love your glitz. x

Stacy Morgan said...

Fun and very creative placing this little guy in the star. Glad you could play along.

mueppi said...

Thats wonderful!
I love your work!
Hugs Gisela

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card...so pretty in gold!
Carole :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, very stunning card...I love all the gold. Very clever to put the mouse in the star!! Love it. :)

Sarah Shew said...

Outstanding - absolutely outstanding. The "whatever" verse is one of my favorites. Very powerful.